Sunday, August 14, 2011

Responding to a Poem

Holocaust
by Barbara Sonek/ Alex Vail


I played, I laughed
I was loved.
I was torn from the arms of my
parents and thrown into the fire.
I was nothing but a child.
I had a future. I was going to be a lawyer, a teacher, a father! I had dreams, then I had  no hope. I was taken away in the dead of night like a cow in a car, no air to breathe smothering, crying, starving, dying. Separated from the world to be no more. From the ashes, hear my plea. This atrocity to mankind can not happen again. Remember me, 

for I was the child whose dreams and life was stolen away.




1. Construct a response to this poem using the same style and structure.


2. Be mindful of your perspective. Your poem should be from your perspective.


3. Utilise the same techniques employed by the authour.

No comments:

Post a Comment